Registration for IHG’s 2014 Big Win promotion is open. Once again, there are different offers and you can find out which once you’re eligible for by registering here. You must complete the offers between January 1 – April 30, 2014 to be receive “The Big Win.” The offer I received was for 108,000 points. It looks as follows:
- Stay more and earn. Stay 5 nights and earn 12,600 points
- Explore our brands. Stay at 3 different IHG brands and earn 26,400 points
- Stay smart. Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express hotels and earn 12,000 points (note: Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are not interchangeable – you will have to complete your stays at the one specified)
- Start the day off right. Book 1 stay through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and earn 3,000 points
- Win Big. Complete 4 of your offers and earn 54,000 points
I’ve figured out how to get this done cheap. As I’ve explained before, some of the cheapest hotel markets in the country include Dallas, Orlando, and Norfolk, VA. I’ve found the following affordable rates in some of the above cities.
- Candlewood Suites Dallas Park Central. This property has the cheapest rates at $52.99 ($61.08 with tax) on 4/5 – 4/6, 4/12 – 4/13. Other than date, rates of under $55 per night are available throughout January – April.
- Holiday Inn Dallas North-Addison. The lowest rate I found at this property was $57.99 ($65.53 with tax) per night on weekends, including 3/15-3/16.
- Holiday Inn: El Paso- Airport I-10. On the high side, these are the lowest rates I could find at Holiday Inn properties: $85.78 (tax included) on 4/5-4/6, 4/15-4/16. If you know of any lower rats, please comment.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Alpharetta-Windward Parkway. Lowest rate is $54.72 ($61.83 with tax) per night on the following dates: 3/15-3/16, 3/23-3/24, 4/4-4/5.
The cheapest way to do this is to stay 2 nights at the Candlewood Suites Dallas Park Central, which is has the lowest rates at $61.08. One of those nights should be booked under the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast, which is $83.62. Next, book one night each at the other three properties. This takes care of the 5 night/3 brand/2 Holiday Inn requirement for a total of $357.84. This is higher than the previous Big Win mattress run I put together, but it results in twice the points. Add to this the various stackable promotion codes and you’re looking at an even bigger payday.