Whoever said travel isn’t really “free” in this hobby hasn’t checked out Tripalertz. Tripalertz is a discount travel site that offers members $5 in TripCash for each member they refer. TripCash can be redeemed for deals featured on the home page only. Good deals are few and far in between, and some of my TripCash has expired as a result. However, today TripAlertz has outdone itself with six amazing redemption offers.
First up is an offer for two roundtrip airlines tickets for $98. The catch is that you’ll have to book your hotel through a designated travel agent. I checked rates for various destinations throughout the summer and though they are not terrible, I think better rates can be booked through discount travel sites or by using points. For example, hotels in London go for $300/night (8 night minimum) and Reno has properties for $150/night (6 night minimum). Why anyone would spend a week in Reno is beyond me, but if that’s your go-to travel spot, there are cheaper hotels out there. Not a deal I’d jump on, but to each his own.
Aside from this airfare deal, TripAlertz has a brand new list of hotels that can be booked with TripCash. The hotels on this list are top-notch. Not only do they boast excellent locations, most are available at reasonable rates. So even if you don’t have enough TripCash, paying out of pocket shouldn’t be too bad. Even looking into the summer months, the rates at most properties stay consistently low. Most of these properties offer additional amenities when booking through TripAlertz (i.e. free daily breakfast, spa treatments, etc.).
Artemis Suites (Santorini, Greece) - $115/night
- Superior Double Room with volcano view for 2 guests
- Bottle of wine and fresh fruit upon arrival
- Daily buffet breakfast
- One spa treatment per person, per stay
- Early check-in / late check out (subject to availability)
- Hotel taxes
Hacienda Puerto del Cielo Eco Lodge & Spa (Masatepe, Nicaragua)- $129/night (2 night minimum)
- Choice of accommodations for 2 guests: Guestroom, Casita, or Casa Linda
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Welcome drink
- WiFi Internet access (in the JC bar/lounge area)
Acanto Boutique Hotel (Playa Del Carmen, Mexico) – $125/night
- Accommodations in a Deluxe Room or 1 Bedroom Suite
- VIP Beach Club access
- 50% off access to The Gym
- 20% off all Spa Services
- Free parking
- 10% off all food & beverage
- Complimentary fresh fruit daily during select hours
- Cool facial cloths during select hours
- Free beach beds, chairs and umbrellas with the purchase of food or drink
- Free WiFi Internet access in the restaurant and terrace
- Live music entertainment on select days
The Margi (Athens, Greece) – $125/night
- Accommodations in a Superior Room, Executive Room, or Executive Suite for 2 guests
- Full American Breakfast Buffet
- Free WiFi Internet access
- All VAT taxes
Tanque Verde Ranch (Tucson, Az) - $285/night (must book stays in 2 night minimums)
- Accommodations in a Casita Junior Suite or Studio Hacienda Suite for 2 guests
- Additional guests can be added for $90/night plus tax (adults or children).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily plus between-meal snacks
- Scheduled activities including horseback riding, guided hikes on desert trails, guided mountain biking, and more
- Use of tennis courts, swimming pools, fitness facility, and more.
- Wireless Internet and satellite phone access
- 10% discount on massage treatments
- Courtesy roundtrip airport/hotel transfers (from TUS) for stays of 4 nights or longer
What are your thoughts about this list? Will you be redeeming your TripCash at any of these properties?